3SIXT is committed to protecting the privacy of consumers visiting our website and purchasing our products. 3SIXT wishes to maintain a safe and secure environment for all users of our online products and services.
Visit 3SIXT’s EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) web page for more information about GDPR and 3SIXT.
3SIXT is owned by Parent Company, Cellnet Group Ltd (ACN 010721749).
From time to time 3SIXT may offer new products and/or services which may fall within the scope of this policy, which will be updated as needed. Please check back with us periodically to stay informed.
- What information does 3SIXT collect?
- How does 3SIXT use my information?
- Does 3SIXT disclose my personal information?
- Data retention
- Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
- Social media features and widgets
- What about security of data transmission?
- International data transfers
- How can I unsubscribe?
- How do I contact 3SIXT?
- Legal disclaimer
What information does 3SIXT collect?
3SIXT will collect personal information from our users for different purposes. The following lists the ways in which we collect personal information from our users and the type of information collected:
Information you provide voluntarily
- Account creation: To purchase products and to obtain other services offered on the Website, a user has to register an account by completing a questionnaire online. Through the completion of the questionnaire by a user we typically collect the following information: (i) full name; (ii) address; (iii) e-mail address; and (iv) password. The provision of this personal information is mandatory and if you choose not to submit the requested information we will not be able to provide you with the products or services offered on the Website. All users can access the Website without being a registered user. However, you will not be able to access certain areas or purchase our products or services online if you are not a registered online user. To deregister your account after you have purchased and received your product, email support@3SIXTgear.com and request us to delete your personal details. Details of your purchase eg product name, time of purchase, purchase price etc will still be kept for internal purposes and will not be linked to you in any way.
Online surveys: If you desire, you may participate in 3SIXT’s online surveys. If you choose to participate, we will collect anonymous information about your interests, technology habits, and demographic information. These surveys are developed in order for us to understand what types of products are most effective for our customers and to find the best ways to advertise to reach new customers. Your participation in our online surveys is entirely voluntary. 3SIXT may provide gifts to those individuals who participate in surveys, and will request a mailing address to ship the gift. 3SIXT will not use the mailing address or personal information for any purpose other than mailing the gift. You may be given the option to opt-in to receive further emails from 3SIXT, including but not limited to marketing emails, advertisements, newsletters and bulletins.
- Online support: When you choose to reach out to us for support, all or some of the following information is gathered through the creation of ‘case’: Email address, first name, last name, mailing address, telephone number, 3SIXT order number or product SKU. The information is viewable to the support person that is handling the case. Any information captured through support is not provided to anyone outside of 3SIXT unless you expressly give us permission to do so, e.g. we may need to reach out to the manufacturer of the product you purchased to get extra support.
- Staying in touch: 3SIXT may send e-mails or SMS communications to customers in accordance with their communication preferences. You can opt-out from these communications at any time by following the instructions under the heading “Your Data Protection Rights”.
Information we collect automatically:
- Server logs: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically from visitors to our Website and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not directly identify individual users, to analyse trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
How does 3SIXT use my information?
3SIXT uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Purposes apparent to you: 3SIXT uses the personal information it collects primarily for the purposes made apparent to you at the time the information is collected – namely: to facilitate purchases online. In particular, the users’ email address, shipping address and telephone number are used for fulfilling the purchase. Shipping address, phone number and product SKUs ordered are provided to our 3PL partner to facilitate the delivery of orders. In addition to the original purpose for which the personal information is collected, we may use the personal information to contact users to confirm information related to their order e.g. address confirmation or a product fulfilment/delivery issue.
- Communications: In addition, 3SIXT also may use users’ contact details for the following purposes in accordance with the user’s communication preferences:
- for internal surveys to obtain feedback on our products, our Website, or on other aspects of our business that impact you as a 3SIXT customer;
- to notify users of new products or services we think may be of interest to them; and
- to send promotional materials.
Users will receive such promotional materials and be contacted by our business partners only if this is in accordance with their communications preferences. Please see “How Can I Unsubscribe?” for more information.
Does 3SIXT disclose my personal information?
3SIXT discloses personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to organizations that perform services for or on behalf of 3SIXT. For example, to provide customer service, deliver products, ship items, process payments, for research, marketing, product ratings and reviews, data processing, and to measure the use of our Website. We will share with these companies only that personal information which they need to perform work on our behalf. Your personal information will be provided to these organisations only if they agree to use such information solely for the purpose of providing services to 3SIXT, and under the instructions of 3SIXT, and with respect to that information, to keep it secure and act in a manner consistent with the relevant principles articulated in this Policy.
- Compliance with law: We may disclose your data to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third-party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at support@3SIXTgear.com
Please note that if you ask us to delete your personal information we will endeavour to comply with your request in compliance with applicable law, but may need to retain and use some information where necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may collect information from you in the following ways: 1) with your consent; 2) in order to perform our contractual obligations with you; 3) where the processing of the information is within our legitimate business interests and such business interest is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; or 4) in order to perform our legal obligations or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another.
If legally permissible, we will inform you that we are collecting your personal information and whether the collection of the information is mandatory or not, including the possible consequences if you do not provide the information requested (e.g., our inability to perform certain requests).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at support@3SIXTgear.com
Social media features and widgets
What about security of data transmission?
We use technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are intended to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, 3SIXT cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or from our products or services.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country.
Specifically, our Website servers are located in Australia and our third-party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of the personal information collected about you. Please direct such requests to support@3SIXTgear.com You can make changes to your 3SIXT personal preferences at any time by going to the “My Account” on our website. You will need your Username and Password in order to access your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications (you previously opted-in to) we send you at any time. Please see the section entitled “How can I unsubscribe?”
- All access, correction, update, opt-out and deletion requests will be acknowledged and responded to within 30 days of receipt. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or the right to request the portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at support@3SIXTgear.com
- In the circumstances where you have consented to the collection and processing of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal. Additionally, if the information was collected for another reason (e.g., to perform a contractual obligation, for legitimate business interests that are not outweighed by your data protection interests or for another legally permissible purpose), the withdrawal of your consent will be effective when such purpose no longer exists.
- You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.In addition, if you reside in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you also have the following rights:
How can I unsubscribe?
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication, by emailing us at support@3SIXTgear.com or you may contact us using the contact details provided below to opt-out.
Deregister as an account holder on 3SIXTgear.com
To purchase off our website, you need to register an account. To deregister as an account holder, email support@3SIXTgear.com and tell us you would like to ‘delete your account’ and quote the email address you used to register your account with us. We will endeavour to comply within 2 business days.
Links to other websites
How do I contact 3SIXT?
Attn: The Privacy Officer
59-61 Qantas Drive
EAGLE FARM QLD 4009
The data controller of your personal information is 3SIXT, unless we inform you otherwise when providing a product or service to you.